Do you want to be part of Mathems exciting journey to give people the freedom to live more? Mathem is a market-leading tech company within e-groceries. Through tech-driven innovation, logistics and customization we drive growth, efficiency and sustainability. Working with us you will be part of a positive and international environment.
Our values are rooted in everyone's equal value, respect for each other, our customers and our surroundings. That we are clear and transparent in our communication and build long-term relationships. We let innovation lead development forward and see opportunities in everything. We Care - We Cooperate - We Challenge
Why work with us?
We look for strong people with the ambition to make a large impact on our customers and our company. You'll have all opportunities to do so. Mathem is backed by Kinnevik who has a track record of backing companies that successfully transform industries - from media to telco. Our office is located in beautiful Gamla Stan in Stockholm and we’re now looking for an Analytics Engineer to join our data team!
As a part of an innovative, agile, international team in one of Sweden’s fastest-growing tech companies, you’ll have a unique opportunity. We’re excited to be working with Google’s suite of world-class data products, such as BigQuery for data warehouse, Firebase Analytics for our mobile native apps, etc.
At Mathem you'll be part of a creative and helpful environment with a lot of heart. When you want a break, there's probably a colleague up for a game of table tennis or a coffee, or you could just fill your inspiration by watching the beautiful view of Skeppsholmen. The managers will believe in you and have a great openness to your thoughts and way of working.
What you will do:
- Own the “LT” in the ELT process.
-Work in cross-functional teams and other stakeholders within the organization to enable and promote more accurate, data-driven decisions.
-Work together with stakeholders to align KPI and metrics definitions across the entire company.
- Work with Data Engineers to understand how we collect data, how we can ensure its quality of it and collaborate to make that data available to the relevant stakeholders.
- Provide stakeholders with the data they need in order to make decisions or perform analyses.
We believe the right candidate could look something like this:
- Bachelor's degree and/or MSc in a quantitative discipline (such as math, statistics, engineering, etc) or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of relevant experience working for a technology company, preferably working with data modelling or analysis.
- Proficiency in SQL (or any other programming language) is a must.
- You are structured and analytical. You enjoy setting up frameworks and thinking about how things should be designed. You also enjoy coding the actual implementation of your ideas.
-It’s an advantage if you have experience in tools like dbt, Looker, or Python.
- In your work, you can find the right balance between speed and quality by analyzing cost-benefits. You always strive to deliver fast and at the highest quality possible within reasonable constraints.
As a person & colleague
You're comfortable with ambiguity, can tackle loosely defined problems, and come up with relevant solutions and lead their implementation. You love to troubleshoot issues until you find the root cause. You then find the solution on your own or with minimal guidance. You’re not afraid of trying different alternatives, sifting through documentation or Googling until you find something that works and works well. You like to work with all sorts of different data topics. Today you might work with distribution data, tomorrow with finance data or something else. Our ambition as a team is to have areas of experience (what you have worked with in the past) but not to have any area owners (people who only work with a certain topic). That means each team member should be able to work with any area at any point in time.
We are proud to be a versatile and inclusive workplace, where everyone has equal opportunities regardless of background. We are confident that a company's quality and success depend on diversity - which is created by a combination of skills and experience. Mathem is actively looking for qualified candidates and welcomes applications from all backgrounds. Employment decisions are made without regard to religion, national or ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability or another dimension of diversity.
Sounds exciting? Submit your application today or contact Sofie Hautanen for more information✩