Do you want to be part of Mathem's exciting journey to give people the freedom to live more? Mathem is a market-leading tech company within e-groceries. Through tech-driven innovation, logistics and customization we drive growth, efficiency and sustainability. At Mathem everything is about our customers' convenience.
Working with us you will be part of a positive and international environment where you have the opportunity to put a positive impact on people’s lives. Our values are rooted in everyone's equal value, respect for each other, our customers and our surroundings. That we are clear and transparent in our communication and build long-term relationships. We let innovation lead development forward and see opportunities in everything. We Care - We Cooperate - We Challenge.
The role & team
You are going to join a very agile team called the Assortment Team that's running retrospectives biweekly and adjusting ways of working accordingly. We respect balance in ways of working - among reliability and productivity. Therefore we appreciate it when you take the initiative on an assigned work item, and in the meantime share insights into your work with everybody on the team. We are constantly evaluating the business value of the software we are developing, hence expecting to see the same behaviours in you.
Who we're looking for:
- AWS (Amazon Web Services)
- Strong C# knowledge, being able to explain advanced concepts, such as multithreading, variety of collection types, expression trees, and managed vs. unmanaged resources.
- Experience crafting distributed systems that are robust and scalable for production-critical environments, preferably in .NET Core and Amazon Web Services.
- Ability to distinguish among many communication patterns, such as messaging, commands/events, REST/RPC. (Eventbridge/SNS/SQS)
- Experience working with databases and related concepts, such as indexes, execution plans, and partitioning (DynamoDB, Elasticsearch).
- Experience in unit testing and a good understanding of mocking.
- Experience applying SOLID design principles and a gang of four design patterns.
- Experience in CI/CD as well as an understanding of short release cycles with pros/cons (Github Actions/SAM/Cloudformation).
- Passion for high-quality code and being able to explain what it actually stands for you.
- Being pragmatic in working with the complex codebase.
- An easy-going and friendly person who strives for a healthy tech culture.
What are some nice to haves?
- Experience taking ideas from concept to production.
- Experience in A/B testing.
- Understanding the reactive manifesto.
- Understanding the Agile Manifesto.
- Experience in serverless architecture (Lambda/Step Functions)
Mathem is an equal employer in a phase of great growth and forward-thinking spirit. Mathem consists of 2,300 employees who all have secure employment conditions and the organization is unionized with Handels and Unionen. As an employer, Mathem has a strong focus on safety and health. A good work environment is crucial for our employees to be able to perform their jobs in a good and sustainable way.
We are proud to be a versatile and inclusive workplace, where everyone has equal opportunities regardless of background. We are confident that a company's quality and success depend on diversity - which is created by a combination of skills and experience. Mathem is actively looking for qualified candidates and welcomes applications from all backgrounds. Employment decisions are made without regard to religion, national or ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability or another dimension of diversity.
Sounds exciting? Submit your application today or contact Sofie Hautanen to know more! ☆