At Mathem we’re all about convenience. We create more time for whatever people love - cooking, family time, exercise, and work. We’re dedicated to creating an outstanding experience for our customers - from planning purchases with your family until the milk is in your fridge. Working with us, you have a rare opportunity to put a positive impact on peoples’ lives.
Right now we’re looking for a Product Designer with the passion and drive to develop our design system, and push the design quality across our platforms.
This is why you should join us!
In the role as Product Designer at Mathem, you will be a part of a multidisciplinary design and research team that create the user experience for Mathem customers - inspired and informed by insights. As part of our team, you will be responsible for our design system, supporting our teams to design and develop consistent and high-quality experiences that scale across our platforms. Besides leading the work with our design system you will support our squads with prioritized initiatives to guide and design high-quality experiences.
You’ll be part of a creative and helpful workplace with a lot of heart. Our international environment consists of skilled yet humble people, who love to share their knowledge. When you want a break, there’s probably a colleague up for a game of table tennis or a coffee, or you could just fill your inspiration with the beautiful view of Skeppsholmen.
Mathem is in a phase where you can make a real impact on our way forward and develop both your skillset and career. In the end, your work leads to helping make people’s lives easier!
What You'll Do
Drive the foundation, adoption, and evolution of our design system.
- Develop our design system and increase our design quality, and establish frameworks for various workflows and documentation.
- Be an advocate and facilitate the adoption of the design system among designers and product teams, and act as primary contact for design system questions.
- Help other designers and product teams to implement, use and contribute to the design system.
- Support, guide, and give feedback to other designers in order to continually raise the bar for our design quality.
- Work closely with developers to establish guidelines and processes for design and code patterns, making sure that design and code align, and scale with our needs.
- Be responsible for creating processes to build new modular components for our products.
- Push our user experience, design process, and team culture by actively engaging in design teamwork.
Who we're looking for
We believe that you have 5+ years of experience in Product Design and have a great understanding of how to systematize design, common design patterns and guidelines. You are skilled in UI and visual design and have a great understanding of working with design systems.
We believe that you love thinking in terms of systems, and creating components and guidelines that ensure consistency across multiple platforms. You are able to clearly articulate rationales behind your design decisions and feel comfortable managing stakeholders when it comes to expectations and requests.
You have a great track record of working closely with developers and navigating around technical limitations.
Further, we believe that you have:
- Great interpersonal skills and can easily collaborate with partners in product, tech, business, and design.
- Great time management skills that ensure both requested and self-initiated work can be achieved effectively.
- Natural can-do attitude, being driven by your curiosity and creativity.
Excited about our journey? So are we!
Before you apply, please note that we wish you to upload your portfolio and/or recent cases.